Friday 24 May 2013

Something For The Weekend ...

So here I am 33 years old and about to undergo a mahoosive personal change. Oh yes folks, I'm going to have to learn to look fetching in  crutches :/

OK so an explanation.  Basically I have some weird form of Arthritis which is fairly aggressive and renders one nicely immobile for long periods.  Marvellous.  Any-way. It has meant a couple of radical changes.  One of which is ... DUM DUM DUMMMMMM Diet.  Oh yes folks the girl has had to curb her food intake.  This has NOT made me a happy bunny let me tell you!  Still I'm managing.  I already can't 'do' Dairy or chocolate and have large quantities of veg and fruit in my diet so not too bad.  But still I need to knock my KCAL consumption down a bit to ensure my lack of mobility does not mean I end up resembling my house.

My diet currently involves lots of fruit, coffee and veg soup (made from actual veg) with a sprinkling of white meat, fish and the odd slice of seed bread. Yeah see the bad boy among that lot??? COFFEEEEEE I tell you now if ANYONE, even my BEAUTIFUL Wife, tries to get between me and my Java in the morning - I am likely to leave entrails in my wake.  It is currently the ONLY reason I get up in the morning.  I get up I get Coffee the world is a shiny place.  So I know I should be drinking water.  Meh Coffee HAS water.  It's like its main component!  So yeah, I admit it -  Coffee is currently my main saviour against a fairly banal diet.

For example

Breakfast: 1 slice of Seed bread toasted with Sugar free jam and vitalite.  1 apple and COFFEE

elevensies: 1 cereal bar and COFFEE

Lunch: Veg soup

Afternoon snack: 1 apple and COFFEE

Dinner: chicken or fish or quorn mince bolognaise
with either
veg and a small jacket or cheese free cauli cheese or salad or 50g whole wheat pasta

COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE

Supper: 'Ice cream' basically 1/2 cup frozen fresh fruit whizzed up with  1/4 cup 0% fat Greek style goat yogurt.

and COFFEEEEEE

and it is the same EVERY DAY ...

We're a week in so far and coping OK.  Although I do have to admit I bought a Reese's Giant Peanut Cup in the sweet shop today (took the kids in, it was not a dieters S&M visit lol).  It is now in the fridge 'lurking'  I know that if I eat it several things will happen.  It will:

A) open the flood gates to a world of chocolate I have so far managed to ignore, knowing it makes me ill - I was I think actually addicted.
B) cause a whole world of hurt
C) make me feel like shite
D) give me an excuse to have a weekend binge.

NONE OF WHICH ARE GOOD.   So in the fridge it will stay until I can manage to square chucking 75p in the bin ... hopefully.  We'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. I would never come between you and your coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete